BMW has been trying to cars that appeal to car buyers internationally and lately they have come up with 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster that takes some inspiration from the European cars. In terms of specifications the 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster get similar appearance and make a stylish entry into the American market. BMW believes that there are car buyers in the United States that would go with the aesthetic appeal and the superior performance that the car delivers. Let’s take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster review below.
- While BMW claims that they have tried to make the car modern and appealing the overall design of the vehicle takes inspiration from the earlier models. It gets a long sweeping hood in the front, longer wheelbase, low slung rear side and low beltline that makes it look classy.
- The seat of the driver is relatively low and that offers a better view of the road and allows the driver to get better control of the vehicle as the car is very close to the road.
- The hard roof top works seamlessly and large windows offer better view and all around visibility. The hard roof top is available in two contrasting colors Jet Black and Titanium Silver and blends well with the exterior colors of the car.
- On the front side there are four round headlights that are on the side of broad BMW kidney grille. BMW has used standard xenon headlights that offer slim design factor. It also gets LED accent lights around the headlights. There are integrated turn signal indicators that add more appeal to the overall design apart from functionality.
- Under the hood, BMW offers better engine options to the users. BMW has decided to offer the award winning BMW TwinPower Turbo technology to the 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster buyers.
- BMW Z4 sDrive28i gets TwinPower Turbo 2.0 liter four cylinder engine that generates 240 horsepower and 260 lb feet of torque. The car accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds and the engine is mated with six speed manual transmission. It offers EPA estimates of 22 mpg in the city, 34 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg combined. The car is also available with eight speed automatic transmission accelerating in 5.6 seconds and offering better fuel economy of 24/33/26 mpg.
- BMW Z4 sDrive35i features BMW’s N54 TwinPower Turbo 3.0 liter inline six engine that generates 300 horsepower and 300 lb feet of torque. It accelerates zero to 60 mph in five seconds with seven speed DCT and in 5.1 seconds with the manual transmission. It offers 19/26/21 mpg with manual transmission and 17/24/19 mpg with DCT transmission.
- BMW Z4 sDrive35is is the top range roadster and is powered by the same N54 engine that produces 335 horsepower and 332 lb feet of torque and gets only seven speed DCT transmission. The car accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds and gets the same fuel economy as sDrive35i version.
2014 BMW Z4 Roadster is loaded with safety features like ABS, traction control, stability control and front side and side curtain airbags. It also gets High Beam Assistant and Park Distance Control.
- The cabin is driver centric and therefore most of the controls are closer to the driver. 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster offers more space and comfort to the driver and front passenger.
- The hard roof top opens at a touch of a button and completes the process in 19 seconds and users can do that at 25 mph speed. Drivers also get the option to use the standard Driving Experience Control that allows driver to get better control of the vehicle.
- The center console offers more controls to the users and the navigation system is optional that offers better graphics to view the map. It also includes BMW ConnectedDrive option for driver’s assistance and better mobility options.
2014 BMW Z4 Roadster is scheduled to be available in the market by spring 2014 but so far BMW has not provided any official price for it. However, the estimate retail price for base model is around $65,695 and above.
While BMW has done well with the 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster the vehicle will have some competition from Audi TT and Nissan Nismo 370Z Roadster. While Audi has an advantage of having more power than 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster, Nissan has tried to offer an all round package to the buyers. However, 2014 BMW Z4 Roadster still manages to emerge on par with these two roadsters that are about to hit the market.