While Kia has a good market share in European countries the automaker is trying to make its mark in the American market with better cars. The 2013 Kia Soul entered the market as a peppy, inexpensive and fun to drive hatchback that managed to attract lot of buyers and therefore Kia has decided to roll out 2014 Kia Soul that will be an upgrade to the last year’s model. Kia decided to bring out the new car at the 2013 New York Auto Show and many car experts believe that Kia is finally trying to offer something sensible to the American car buyers. Here we take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the 2014 Kia Soul review below.
- In terms of design, Kia designers said that they have borrowed the design concept from Kia Track’ster Concept that look small from the outside but offers a wide space in the cabin.
- The new Kia Soul has a larger wheelbase and therefore new 2014 Kia Soul will have an extra inch of wheelbase and wider by 0.6 inches. Kia has decided to keep the height of the vehicle similar to the 2013 model. Kia engineers have worked hard to reduce the weight of the car but at the same time offering it more rigidity by introducing high strength steel for the body.
- On the front side, 2014 Kia Soul gets the large trapezoidal lower air intake with the signature grille that makes it look stand apart from the other hatchbacks in the market. On the rear side, Kia has included high mounted tail lights. Kia has said that the new 2014 Soul will be available in seven exterior colors that they have not decided yet but they have confirmed two exterior colors that are Solar Yellow and Inferno Red.
- Under the hood, 2014 Kia Soul base model will be powered by direct injected 1.6 liter four cylinder engine that generates 130 horsepower and 118 lb feet of torque. The engine will be mated with standard six speed manual transmission while the six speed automatic transmission will be optional.
- On the other hand, Plus and Exclaim models will have 2.0 liter four cylinder engine that generates 164 horsepower and 151 lb feet of torque. Plus models will also have the option to either go for manual or automatic transmission while Exclaim models will only have automatic transmission.
- Like 2013 Kia Soul, the new models will also have standard safety features like ABS, stability control, traction control, front side seat airbags, side curtain airbags, active front head restraints and Hill Start Assist.
- 2014 Kia Soul definitely offers more space to the driver and passengers as the wheelbase has been extended. The front leg room has improved by half an inch and the rear passengers can also feel relaxed with the headroom and leg space.
- Kia has introduced better soft touch materials for the interiors to make it look appealing and luxurious. The new 8 inch infotainment touchscreen sits right in the middle of the instrument panel offering better controls and options to the driver for audio and car controls.
- 2014 Kia Soul will go on sale in fall 2013 and therefore Kia has not provided the official retail price for it. However, it will have an estimate price of $14,400 and above.